Home of the Plainsmen -1830 to 1885-

Climb down off your horse, have some coffee and share some news about the trail!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to lastoftheplainsmen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Site Changing Hands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Folks,
I am handing over the reins to Doug in the very near future. I am sure he will make the board enjoyable for all.
I am hanging around but Doug will be running the show. I thank you all and hope you will stay and help the site grow.
I am not leaving just stepping down so I can take care of life. :lol:

I hope the site stays historical and I am sure Doug will keep it on track! Thanks again folks.

Shotgun Steve

Post subject: Re: Site Changing Hands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm 

What ever you say boss, I'm width you. Hope things work out for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 pm 

Thank you very much for all that you've done here Steve !!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:26 pm 

I know of no other historical board with such an extensive virtual library of period photos and information..............Steve you have done an incredible job.

Mule Man

"Nope!....If I gotta choose.....I'll ride the mule and pack the horse!" WD Bennett

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

I am done with the board run it the way you like!!!!!!!!

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:19 am 

I am not up on the formal reportey of this stuff or how you sound typing a feeling of what you mean talking face to face, I will say Steve you made the best board ever, bar none , but what the hell do I know. Greg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:53 am 
Site Admin

I was not happy with mixing the modern stuff with the historical stuff. I suggested an add on forum for modern reenacting and stuff but after thinking about it I said the board is yours so make it yours folks. I am no longer angry I realized my vision is not yours. I built the board for enjoyment. If I accomplished that then my goal is complete. Thanks Greg.

Take Care Folks

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:54 am 

Maybe, my prior post seems harsh as I re read it , I in no way meant it that way, again I think your board has few if any equals. I can not say Thanks enough. Thank you again for all of your heart felt work over these past years. Greg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:08 pm 

Howdy!

NOT saying it is so, but...

There are "pure" historical boards and FB pages. And run that way, History only.

As soon as one opens it up to living history; reenacting; costumed competitive shooting sports such as CAS/SASS/NCOWS or the N-SSA; Popular Culture such as TV or movies; vendors/makers and where to get repro kit, etc., etc.... pure History takes a big hit.
And that is without even adding into the mix the "social" aspect of chatting with e-pards and talking with similar or like-minded folks all over the World in sort of a "gather round the stove" or the virtual campfire for a sharing, a story, or a joke or two.

I have enjoyed the ride here. This is a unique Trail, with a Good Sort of lads as compared to the idiots and people with issues on some boards. I was, and am happy to have shared in the fruits of Pard Steve's labors in making all this possible, and have posted so many times.

I hope I have contributed more on the balance scales with History, Material Culture, and its pursuit...... versus any contributing of crap that caused Steve grief if not out-and-out anger.

m

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Mick you have all been great and I thank you all. I guess it is hard to let go of things you worked for but sometimes it is for the best. My suggestion would have been to add a living history/reenacting forum to the site and not disrupt the history that has already been posted. But I gave Doug the site so it is yours to run as you see fit. I will still post when I can and I have no hard feelings toward anyone. Thank you for being my friends you are all super good folks. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Steve