Home of the Plainsmen -1830 to 1885-

Climb down off your horse, have some coffee and share some news about the trail!
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to lastoftheplainsmen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: A re-visit of Hell on Wheels
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:24 pm 

Clair and I don't have regular network or cable t.v. so we watch stuff on Netflix. Recently watch all of "Hell on Wheels" and assumed you guys already covered it here. But rather going back ot find the links, I thought maybe we could get some interest going by rehashing the various opinions.

Granted a typical T.V. western....I did like the story line and the characters. Way too much "brass"...i.e. brass framed '51 Navies and that rare as a Dodo brass framed 1860 army...as well as the dozens of "Yellowboys". Clair of course lined up Anson Mount just a slight second behind Tom Selleck and has been trying desperately to get me to let my hair get long. Having lived my summers in Texas, I appreciated his southern mannerisms, especially he didn't waist a lot of time on conversations. I thought that Star Trek Next Generation's/Deep Space Nine's chief engineer was good but didn't deserve a Emmy for his role. The fellow that played "The Swede" Christopher Heyerdahl should of got the Emmy. He played so many different roles and remained evil the way through. I know historically it suffered greatly, but I was entertained. :)

"Nope!....If I gotta choose.....I'll ride the mule and pack the horse!" WD Bennett

Report this post

Post subject: Re: A re-visit of Hell on Wheels
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:34 pm 

Howdy!

I liked it

But is often the usual Case... I had to go blind to brass frames and fantasy guns. (They "ruined" a pretty decent movie, 'Ride With the Devil" too. :) Once Bohannon switched to a M1863 Remington New Model Army mid-series... I could watch with one eye open.

:) :)

I did not like the sail-away non ending.

I will wait a while, and watch it again. Maybe "Deadwood" after that. Just rerererererewatched "Ulzana's Raid."

m

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:52 pm 

It's hard being even a little knowledgeable! :roll:

"Nope!....If I gotta choose.....I'll ride the mule and pack the horse!" WD Bennett

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 pm 

Howdy!

It's not hard at all! ;)

It's a Curse!!! ;) Even as just a student of the Past... it ruins.. everything. :(

m
Ignorance is Bliss Posee

Report this post