Home of the Plainsmen -1830 to 1885-

Climb down off your horse, have some coffee and share some news about the trail!
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to lastoftheplainsmen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Welcome to New Management!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:52 pm 

Okay..... Steve has worked really hard to accommodate the ideas for the "Living Historian" forum. The reason for the additional forum as well as the subheadings is to allow those who are passionate about Living History to have a separate "room" to discuss and share all things relevant for doing various impressions 1830-1885 time period. So when you scroll down to "The Living Historian" forum....you find sub-forums for all things living history and this is where all those kind of things go.

We especially appreciate the effort of the the past few years that Steve put into developing an amazing resource for for this time period. Hundreds of period photos......and documentation has given us an amazing library to accommodate the academic historian as well as the living history hobbyist. However the reason we added "The Living Historian" forum is to keep the purity of the "Historical section" apart from the hobbyist section.

So this is how it will work. All things pertaining Living History, whether photos of reproduction 19th century firearms, clothing, cutlery, leather-work, stories or any living history event.

Let me give you an example. I have been writing about the early horse soldiers. I included a photo of a modern made Grimsley saddle because I wanted to show the entire saddle plus equipment. However I realized I had violated the ground rules so I searched for a photo of an original and downloaded it instead. So, please work with me to keep the two sections separate.

Anything that shows up where it shouldn't will be moved or "asked to be moved".....and no hard feelings in the event this happens. We have done this out of respect for all of Steve's hard work, to keep from "muddying up the waters" of the academic side of things. And Steve has worked hard to give us a outlet for those of us reenactors.

So, I think we have for the serious student of history a wonderful resource for the American West from 1830-1885. At the same time we have the two fold experience for the living historian to discover original documentation for creating authentic impressions but also a separate "room" for sharing with others in the reenactment community.

Any questions or comments should now be directed to me..i.e. by "p.m.".

Please check out the new Forum and sub-forum....and most of all have fun! :D

"Nope!....If I gotta choose.....I'll ride the mule and pack the horse!" WD Bennett

Post subject: Re: Welcome to New Management!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hey that's great, Doug! Thank you Steve and Doug for all of your hard work!

Doug, over the past couple weeks, I posted a few of my knife sheathes and things in the plunder forum. Could you please move those to the new forum for me. Thank ya much!

You can winter with the Crow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:07 pm 

Josh...........wish I could but I ain't learned the ropes yet and tried to move a thread to the new forum and moved the whole forum (Guns and Ammo).............so maybe Steve will move them until I get educated.

"Nope!....If I gotta choose.....I'll ride the mule and pack the horse!" WD Bennett

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:12 pm 

Amen Doug......very well put
Clear and concise.

Creek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

I'll get it pards. Doug I still don't have this thing figured out. LMBO!